Once all teams have entered, a draw will be completed and emailed to the Team Captain the week before the event. Entries close one week prior to the event.
The event will be a Round Robin format. Each team will play each other in the first draw, with the top half of the competition playing off in elimination for the Gold Division and the bottom half in the elimination for the Silver Division playoffs. (eg 1 v 4, 2 v 3) with the winners going through to the Gold Medal Match and the losers to the Bronze Match.
Referees and Staff will organize score sheets and match balls and the timing of the games.
On The Sand
- Mixed Teams can have a maximum of two males on the court at any one time, however, 1 male MUST be in the goal square at any one time.
- A coin will be tossed to see who starts the game, the opposite team will start the second half.
- Once each goal is scored, a throw-in will take place from the goal line by a member of the opposite team.
- The ball must cross the transverse line before the team can take a shot for goal.
- A goal can be shot from within the Goal Zone for 1 point.
- If a goal is shot from the area between the traverse line and the outside of the goal zone (known as the 3 pointer zone), 3 points will be awarded.
- All players will be able to shoot for goals, but only two players from the one team can be in the goal ring at the same time.
- Umpires will indicate a 1 point goal by raising one hand and will indicate a 3 point goal by raining two hands.
Diving and Dropped Ball
- A player may dive on the sand to catch a ball on the full or claim possession of a ball on the sand (from either their own or opposing team) and then either play the ball from the ground or stand up and play the ball. Stepping will not be called in this instance.
- Players catching the ball face down on the ground will be allowed to roll onto their backs to pass the ball.
- The 3-second rule applies to both of the above.
When possession of the ball is turned over, the team in possession need to play the ball back over the transverse line.